If you have a job offer from a New Zealand employer you may be able to get a temporary work visa under the Essential Skills work category. This work visa may be granted for a period of 1 – 5 years to an applicant if:
• if you are suitably qualified for position by qualifications or training or work experience you have gained
• Meet Health requirements
• Meet Character requirements
The ANZSCO is a list of occupations that INZ use as part of the assessment of applications under the Essential Skills category
The job offer must be:
• Full time (min. 30 hours)
• Comply with New Zealand Laws and
• A market rate is paid to the worker by wage or salary.
Your employer also need to prove that why:
• Their particular job specifications are necessary for the work and
• New Zealand applicants are not suitable, and
• New Zealand applicants cannot be readily trained.
If your job is listed in Skill Shortage List, it is automatically understood that no New Zealand citizen or resident is available or may be trained to do this job.